I have been getting at Sainsbury’s and Leicester City Council for the mess they have made of the junction of Melton Road and Troon Way/Watermead Way. See
- Posts at new junction on Melton Road by Sainsburys
- Other problems at new junction on Melton Road by Sainsburys
- Leicester City Council Safety Audit failure
- The questions Leicester City Council don’t want to answer
- What Leicester City Council and Sainsbury’s could have done (1)
- What Leicester City Council and Sainsbury’s could have done (2)
Anyway, we went shopping there yesterday (yes by bike, traffic on a Friday afternoon is terrible, we would have been crazy to drive).
We were trying to find our way in and find the bike parking. It turns out that my original guess (south side of the vehicular entrance) was wrong. The best way in on a bike is off Troon Way. But despite all those posts there is not a single sign anywhere to tell cyclists how to get to the store. DUH!!!!
I wonder how a large company like Sainsbury’s can work so hard to promote themselves as having excellent environmental policies, how they can have huge posters everywhere explaining how this new store is so brilliant for the environment while being so totally useless about supporting staff and customers arriving by bike.